Nature Photographers Network
This is the preserved archive of the original Nature Photographers Network. The community continues at naturephotographers.network.

Saturday: Looking for ideas

Discussion

10 replies
Posted by Bert Fukuda on October 26, 2010 at 12:16 AM
Looks like work is finally starting to slow down and allowing me some time to get out. Any ideas on where to shoot this weekend, probably Saturday. I'd like to keep it within a couple hours of Parker.

Thanks,
Bert
Posted by Joshua Hardin on October 26, 2010 at 12:44 AM
How about either Roxborough or Castlewood Canyon State Parks? Koveh posted a nice shot from Roxborough earlier today, the place still has a few lingering fall colors.
Posted by Dan Walters on October 26, 2010 at 2:15 PM
Second on Roxborough. The mule deer were pretty active last Saturday.
Posted by Morris McClung on October 26, 2010 at 5:20 PM
Bert, when you say 2 hours, that is everything from Garden of the Gods to RMNP! :biggrin: And of course, Vail pass, or even Leadville. But, the suggestions above ain't bad either. Maybe even Castlewood Canyon. Hey, I might be able to get away Saturday, too. E-mail me and maybe we can go shoot together. Oh yeah, how about the Flatirons.
Posted by Roger Rouch on October 26, 2010 at 8:22 PM
You could always head east and catch some cottomwoods along the South Platte or at Pawnee?
Posted by Phil Lyon on October 26, 2010 at 8:41 PM
The winds along the front range might make Roxborough less than ideal, but with all the new snow in the mountains, I'll be taking my camera into Summit County for some backcountry skiing on my skinny skis (French Gulch or the trails around Montezuma.)
Posted by Bill Bean on October 26, 2010 at 10:27 PM
Dang Bert. Wish I could go but I'm headed to Sedona this weekend :biggrin:
Posted by Bert Fukuda on October 26, 2010 at 11:25 PM
Morris: Email sent.
Posted by Stan Rose on October 27, 2010 at 6:51 AM
Its going to be disgustingly warm thu-sat, so a lot of that snow will dissapear...
the computers are still fighting over the fate of a small storm that may move through late saturday; the European super computers are predicting unsettled showery weather for saturday, while our home grown computers predict just dry and windy with the storm too weak and too far north. Id wait to the last minute to make a decision, but wouldnt hold my breath since this whole season has been a dissapointment weather-wise. Best bet is to head as far north and as far up in elevation as you can manage. Sunset will be most assuredly be a more interesting sky than sunrise. :wink:
Posted by Bert Fukuda on October 27, 2010 at 10:30 AM
Thanks Stan. Maybe I'll head to RMNP, haven't been there in a long time.
Posted by Mel Ladewig on October 28, 2010 at 10:26 AM
Or, don't worry about the bluebird skies and dive into the canyons where bright blue skies don't matter. Coal Creek and Golden Gate should still offer some fall color in the Denver area. And if you want to come down here, I'm pretty sure there will be good fall color in North Cheyenne Canyon which should have been protected from the recent high winds. That said, despite the extremely high winds, the cottonwoods have held on to some leaves along Monument Creek. I might be in Cheyenne Canyon or another local canyon myself Saturday AM if time permits.