Nature Photographers Network
This is the preserved archive of the original Nature Photographers Network. The community continues at naturephotographers.network.

Free weather advice

Discussion

8 replies
Posted by Stan Rose on September 18, 2011 at 6:50 PM
If you have the freedom to chose between the last week in September or first week in October--GO WITH OCTOBER! Unfortunately, i had to commit weeks ago, so ill be stuck with bluebird skies... :wink: :wink:
Posted by Todd Caudle on September 18, 2011 at 7:30 PM
I choose both.
Posted by Jody Grigg on September 18, 2011 at 10:00 PM
Whats the forecast for th 25th Sept week and the 2nd Oct week Mr. Rose?
Posted by Stan Rose on September 18, 2011 at 10:09 PM
Theres a big ridge that will be with us til the first couple days of October. A few weak disturbances could get through the ridge, but any decent (ie, stormy) weather will have to wait til then.
Posted by Morris McClung on September 18, 2011 at 11:32 PM
You are the man! Thanks, Buddy!
Posted by Pam Colander on September 19, 2011 at 2:56 PM
I wonder if the other forums are as lucky as WE are with our resident weatherman? :cool:
Posted by John Mumaw on September 19, 2011 at 6:39 PM
Thanks, Stan.
Can you recommend an online real time weather map of the West for storm/monsoon trackers? So many out there seem to be slow, late or otherwise inaccurate.
Posted by Kane Engelbert on September 19, 2011 at 11:32 PM
Jody, all that means is we get a free pass to shoot sunsets and sunrises from 13,000-ft!!!!
Posted by Stan Rose on September 20, 2011 at 11:32 AM
True, Kane, should be great climbing weather--in fact im tempted to try a sunrise 14er.
John--ill email you